Just now recovering from a mini heart attack. I THOUGHT they took Star Trek TOS off Netflix and I was like, IM GONNA WRITE A LETTER THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Not sure why it wasn’t showing up but I switched profiles and now it’s there. Turned out to be ok though cause I now see that TAS is on here. Time to watch!
I dunnoooo I think you already know that “White is beautiful” don’t you?
Or will it shatter your beauty if I recognize mine?
please keep your self centered ignorance, micro-aggressions and derailing all to yourself
"The real me is inside here somewhere just waiting to get out and you can make that happen and once the curse is broken I’ll be just like anybody else." "What if the curse doesn’t get broken? What if the curse can never be broken?"
E.L. James knows as much about BDSM as she would have found in a five minute Google search, which is to say that she knows precisely jack shit.
50 Shades of Grey does not depict a realistic kinky relationship, nor does it depict a healthy relationship of either the kinky or vanilla variety.
It is a Twilight fanfic, and has all the elements of Edward and Bella’s abusive relationship with kink added for extra flavor. Just as Edward and Bella are not a healthy or realistic couple, neither are Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
Christian Grey is an abuser who manipulates a young woman with zero knowledge of BDSM into a relationship with him. He knows she is ignorant of what a healthy BDSM relationship looks like, and uses this to:
- ignore and override her attempts at negotiation,
- play without a safeword (since she doesn’t know that they exist),
- create a false dichotomy of “either we’re kinky my way or we just don’t have sex at all,”
- threaten and stalk her,
- rape her,
- prevent her from discussing her relationship with anyone other than him,
- and control aspects of her personal life, including what car she drives, what medications she takes, and how she spends her free time.
This is not BDSM. This is not sexy. This is abuse.
Using 50 Shades as your basis for how a kinky relationship works (for critical or practical purposes) is like treating Titanic: The Legend Goes On as a historical documentary. Don’t do it.
I was hoping that we’d be over the 50 shades frenzy but I’m sure the new movie will make it crop up again, so here’s a reminder that it does not depict a health relationship or a BDSM relationship.
Incredible concept art sketches created by production designer Ondrej Nekvasil for Bong Joon-Ho’s visionary science fiction film, “Snowpiercer”.
01. Typical view of a cramped, dark, and grimy corridor within the residential areas of the Tail Section.
02. Gilliam’s Tent, located at the very end of the Snowpiercer, as seen on the outside.
03. Living spaces inside the Tail Section intended to mimic the claustrophobic feel of slums in third-world countries.
04. A sketch depicting a violent, blood-soaked scene onboard the train, which was eventually realized in the film as the memorable battle between the Tail Section rebels and the Front Section soldiers at the Yekaterina Bridge and Tunnel.
05. A verdant rendering of the Greenhouse Section, where it marks the first time the Tail Section rebels encounter the vivid colors of the train. Notice a key difference: the old lady in the sketch is reading a book, whereas in the film, she is leisurely doing her knitting by the fountain.
06. Beyond the fountain stand boxes of carefully cultivated and strictly controlled plants, fruits, and vegetables all flourishing within the limited spaces of the Greenhouse Section.
07. Perhaps one of the most beautiful parts of the Snowpiercer that made Yona Minsoo stare in joyous wonder: a floor-to-ceiling wraparound Aquarium Section filled with marine life.
Javert: Now bring me prisoner 24601, your time is up and your parole’s begun. You know what that means?
Valjean: Yes, it means I’m free.